Re: goals for 2.6.12-2 (and beyond)

Andres Salomon <dilinger@athenacr.com> writes:

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:57:34 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>
>> Andres Salomon <dilinger@athenacr.com> writes:
>>
>>>  - get at least 5 archs successfully building; probably i386, plus some
>>>    combination of the archs that're already in 2.6.12-1 (powerpc,
>>>    ia64, sparc, alpha, s390).  The more the merrier, of course..  When's
>>>    amd64 going to start being autobuilt, anyways?
>>
>> Oh, around 20 month ago.
>>
>> Buildd logs can be found on amd64.ftbfs.de since the buildd.d.o admin
>> doesn't accept amd64 log till amd64 is officialy in sid.
>
> Heh, yea, Frederik pointed this out to me as well (on IRC).  I guess we'll
> have to wait for linux-2.6 to show up on mirrors before amd64 building
> will be attempted, though.

Again, same persons. amd64 doesn't have access to the incomins
Packages/Sources files that the official wanna-build and buildds
use. We only get sources when dinstall moves them into sid.

Never bothered anyone enough to write a http parser to fetch sources
directly from http://incoming.d.o/ without meta files. We just wait
for the nightly mirror sync.

MfG
        Goswin