Re: sarge kernel frozen (2.4.27 and 2.6.8), and plans for post-sarge powerpc kernels.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:38:15PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 08:35:02AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> I looked at malo and voltaire, both seem to be busy, presumably
> acting as buildds, and there is also the problem of installing
> kernel-tree, as I don't have root. In short, if you could make a machine
> available that would be most excellent. SSH access would allow
> me to start the build ASAP. If you want to physically send hardware,
> thats ok too (though I am not sure where to put it), but lets
> talk about that later.

I only have the boxes here at home, and i am about to go out for two weeks, so
not able to do the needed firewall fiddling needed to open you an account.
When i come back, i will try to go shoping for an IBM OpenServer and put it
online somewhere, and maybe give you an account in a virtual machine, not sure
though.

I will see if i can get you a real machine instead, will be able to know about
this next week. They are low profile micro-atx cases, very silent, and have
both serial console and dual ethernet port, so i am sure you will find a use
for them. But i can promise nothing. More on this in two weeks.

If you could get me your email, shipping address and phone number, this would
be really nice.