Re: kernel-patch-debian-2.6.8 and pristine linux 2.6.8 kernel

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 02:43:46AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
>   Do you mean that distributing the diffs with lines like
>
> -# a line that it was decided not to distribute
> -# another line that shouldn't be distributed
> -# yet another one
>
> is similar to distributing lines that it was decided not to distribute?

According to the debian-legal regulars, yes (and it actually makes sense
as you _are_ redistributing it)

> If so, can't the debian-patch package have a shell script that rm the
> entire files with the these sort of problems and then have the diff only
> contain the lines that were approved?

actually we do have such a script, but it alwasy removes full files
right now.  Jens had added magic to only filter out the firmware in tg3,
but when Andres merged to 2.6.8 he didn't activate it.  From looking at
the code I'm not sure the firmware-loadin patch would apply anyway because
of overlaps.