Re: 2.6.8 release

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 03:22:14PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:12:20AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > The only ones that aren't already upstream, afaict, are:
> >   sym53c8xx_revert.patch - The new domain validation stuff mysteriously
> >                            breaks on one of my test boxes - I suggested to
> >                            willy that I revert this till its fixed upstream,
> >                            and he agreed.
>
> There was a know bug in the DM scsi core code in 2.6.7.  The right fix
> would be to backport the core scsi fix as this a) affects other
> architectures and b) other drivers aswell.  Given we have nicely working
> 2.6.8-rc packages now I wonder whether that'll still be worth the
> effort.

I think you're mistaken.  The known bug in the DV scsi core was fixed
9 weeks ago (according to Linus' bkweb).  There's still at least one
other bug which Dann can replicate at will on one of his machines.
Last I heard, he was working on putting it outside the firewall for
James to look at.

BTW, sym2 is currently the only driver making use of the DV core, so all
the bug reports go to me ;-)