Re: 2.6.8 release

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 09:53:04AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> mailine kernels build out of the box.  The additional early printk
> support in the ia64 patch has been replaced with something better in
> mainline, leaving only a completly unrelated and unexplainable usb
> change in david's patch that tony will hopefully drop.

k.

> BTW, your ia64
> patch has other very strange patches aswell.

The only ones that aren't already upstream, afaict, are:
  sym53c8xx_revert.patch - The new domain validation stuff mysteriously
                           breaks on one of my test boxes - I suggested to
                           willy that I revert this till its fixed upstream,
                           and he agreed.
  patch1.diff		 - A (poorly named) patch from Alex Williamson that
                           fixes UP builds (I need to bug him to submit that if
                           he hasn't)  The sn/Makefile bit is probably no
                           longer necessary.