Re: 2.6.8 release

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 09:07:09PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> I'm very interested in moving ia64 to 2.6.8, since that kernel should
> work out of the box on SGI's boxes.  Normally I start a build as soon as a
> kernel-source and an upstream patch is available; however, there's
> a new ia64 2.6 maintainer, and I don't know how quickly he'll be able
> to put out an arch patch.  So, an estimate of a few days after the availability

mailine kernels build out of the box.  The additional early printk
support in the ia64 patch has been replaced with something better in
mainline, leaving only a completly unrelated and unexplainable usb
change in david's patch that tony will hopefully drop.  BTW, your ia64
patch has other very strange patches aswell.