Re: 2.6.8 release

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 09:28:46PM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> Note that one thing I'm concerned about (and probably should've mentioned
> in my original post) is ia64 and alpha; getting 2.6.8 into sarge will be
> tight.  Assume that i386 and powerpc will be thrown in w/ kernel-source,
> as those happen pretty quick.  However, ia64 and alpha will probably lag
> behind by at least a few days.

I'm very interested in moving ia64 to 2.6.8, since that kernel should
work out of the box on SGI's boxes.  Normally I start a build as soon as a
kernel-source and an upstream patch is available; however, there's
a new ia64 2.6 maintainer, and I don't know how quickly he'll be able
to put out an arch patch.  So, an estimate of a few days after the availability
of a kernel-source package is probably accurate while I figure out the right
patchset (assuming the official patch will lag), and go through the build/test
cycle.

If its decided to use an rc release to get through the NEW queue, I'll do
the same for the ia64 packages as swiftly as I can.