Re: Open a discussion about bug 253324

> The low techie people I came across think that anything beside
graphics are
>"old computing" or recovery broken things... so a bootsplash help they to
>trust the operating system (the computer as whole object from their point of
>view).

I'm totally agree on this point. In my experience of installing debian to many different kind of people
this is a very diffuse user cases and not only for low tech people also for avg tech people.
It's a little psicological problem against debian that a small and tested kernel patch could solve.

Some basically bootslpash + kernel patch for debian could be finded here: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/
This cuold be a pointo of start for an official integration in the debian kernel.

Cheers,
Stefano