Re: Open a discussion about bug 253324

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:17:59AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:54:23PM +0200, Bluefuture wrote:
> > I want to "open" a discussion about this bug on the debian-kernel
> > mailing list:
> >

> Ah yes. Herbert had quite strong views on what should and shouldn't be done
> in the kernel, despite the fact that things existed in the kernel here and
> now, and to implement the equivalent in userspace would require someone to
> actually develop something...
>
> I thought the bootsplash stuff was a combination of kernelspace and
> userspace anyway?
>
> I personally think having the kernel hooks to support the init.d stuff would
> be good. It should then be trivial to have Debian boot with a bootsplash,
> which is mainly cosmetic wank, but nice, nonetheless.

Notice that Christoph did close this bug report without even bothering
to discuss this, thus taking the decision from the team and into his own
hands. Christoph, could you please justify your actions here ? They may
be right and all, but if we are going to work out as a team, we need to
discuss things.