Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:21:49PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:25:49PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I don't care at all how it's implemented in detail.  I already mentioned
> > > dpatch previous and cdbs and quilt.  I want a way to get a kernel-source
> > > package that uses split patches and otherwise is as little as possible
> > > different from Herbert's packages.  Who jumps in to help with the work
> > > gets to choose the mechanism ;-)
> >
> > If you already have the patches split, i will go ahead and implement the
> > dpatch changes in the debian/rules file.
> > Where is your being_worked_on 2.6.7 kernel-source package again ?
>
> It's not a package at all, just a tarball of the patches:
>
> 	http://verein.lst.de/~hch/debian-2.6.7.tgz
>
> thanks a lot for any efforts you put into this!

Ok, i am giving dpatchification a first attempt. The complicated part
would be to add the proper attribution and description to each .dpatch
file. I will leave them blank for now.

Also, we will loose the ability to have the different debian patches,
and be able to build against those. Is this a major problem ?