Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:14:13PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Sven, any updates on talking to upstream about the pegasos changes?
>
> ... it could be in upstream.
>
> I don't like the via-ide hack not being included, it makes the machine
> unusable when a second ide disk is used. Did you tell me already where i
> should best ask about this ? LKML, or linux-ide-devel or something such ?

No plans to remove it from Debian of course.  linux-ide@vger.kernel.org
is the list for IDE discussions there days.  Given it's not purely an
IDE thing keeping linux-kernel on the thread sounds like a good idea.

> > I'll work on a script now, still looking for someone whoe could help
> > on the packaging bits for a kernel-source-2.6.7 that uses split-patches.
>
> Why not use dpatch ?
>
> Works pretty well for other packages i handle myself. BAsically you have
> to modify the debian/rules to call the dpatch stuff (3 to 4 lines
> mostly) and then put all the patches in a debian/patches repository, and
> hae those you want applied listed in a 00list or something such file
> there.
>
> Works pretty well, don't think you can have per arch/subarch patch
> application though.

I don't care at all how it's implemented in detail.  I already mentioned
dpatch previous and cdbs and quilt.  I want a way to get a kernel-source
package that uses split patches and otherwise is as little as possible
different from Herbert's packages.  Who jumps in to help with the work
gets to choose the mechanism ;-)