Re: powerpc kernel-patch 2.6.6-5 in incoming since over a month !!!

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> Ok, i will see if i can make a package of it, but i would appreciate
> if someone else review it before upload.

Just my 2 cents on this:

1. kernel-source-2.6.7 should not be built as a Debian-native package,
   mainly because this will generate a huge tarball for every Debian
   revision.

2. It would be nice if it was completely obvious how we got from
   linux-2.6.7.tar.gz to kernel-source-2.6.7_2.6.7.orig.tar.gz.  A
   patch is not an option since it includes the tainted sections, I'm
   thinking of a prune script that removes or edits files.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!