Re: Debian non-x86 kernel arches

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 09:58:36AM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Troy Benjegerdes writes:
>
> > Can you elaborate on what tests you run, and how you determine
> > pass/fail?
>
> Nothing fancy, I just make sure the machine boots up alright, check
> that the attached hardware works, and exercise everything a little.
>
> > As an admin for Ames Laboratory, I have about 5 different flavors of
> > IBM pSeries machines (275mhz power3's to 1.7ghz power4's), all with
> > serial consoles.
>
> Have you tried running the 2.6.6 kernel-image packages on them?

No, all of them have > 4GB of memory, and a 32 bit kernel is quite
useless. Thus my strong interest in ppc64 gcc/glibc/etc ;)

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz