Re: Akonadi does not start for new users in buster

Sandro Knauß - 07.02.19, 00:20:

> > # apt-get install mariadb-server
> >
> > and as new user (before starting akonadi)
> >
> > mkdir -p ~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/
> >
> > (I have not tried w/o this)
> >
> > worked around the problem for me.
> >
> > Since both is described in #910902, it seems there is no need to
> > open
> > another bugreport.
>
> I uploaded now 18.08.3-2 with a workaround for that. So with that
> version you should now be able to use do anything manual.

Thank you, Sandro.

The important work-around includes to install MariaDB/MySQL main server
packages including their systemd service files / init scripts. So in case
you do not like a system-wide mysqld process to be running use systemctl
disable or even systemctl mask. As far as I remember the mysqld would
just listen to localhost, so it should not be a security risk.

Ciao,
--
Martin