[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: 18.08; imap.googlemail.com vs. imap.gmail.com; "akonadi resources for google services"

Since the recent kdepim upgrade I cannot read e-mails with kmail anymore. First I thought I can fix it like proposed by inkbottle but my problem seems to be different:

When kmail tries to synchronize the imap resource for my gmail account then the QtWebKit window is shown asking for my credentials. I pass my usual login name and then press the 'Next' button. But nothing happens and the same window appears a few times asking for the same information. Finally I found out that /usr/bin/akonadi_imap_resource is crashing. I will open a bug upstream.

Please let me know if someone runs into a similar issue and found a workaround.



Am Mi., 3. Okt. 2018 um 18:16 Uhr schrieb inkbottle <inkbottle007@gmail.com>:
A puzzling Oauth related message, and how I dealt with it: (irc cut and past,
hence the weird looking style ;) )

Rebooting with akonadi 18.08 (debian), I've got that message "akonadi
resources for google services".
For a gmail address of mine.
I'm wondering what it can be.
So I checked "cancel" and as a consequence it said my gmail account is broken.
I reconfigured my account using imap.googlemail.com instead of imap.gmail.com;
I hope it will suffice.
OK, it did work.

Beware it also "changed" my password for a very long "password", so you'll
have to enter your password back.

The place I did the changes is:
Kmail settings > Accounts > Receiving >
There I selected the faulty gmail account;
And I did "modify";
Changed imap.gmail.com to imap.googlemail.com;
Fixed my password;
And there it is.


Reply to: