Re: [stretch] kdialog and okular still based on kde4

On Monday, 20 March 2017 16:36:11 CET solitone wrote:
> On Monday, 20 March 2017 16:23:06 CET Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > > Anyway, for the reason you gave, I think it would be a good thing if
> > > that
> > > was included in stretch. It might give a better user experience.
> >
> > I think it's a bit too late given the release cycle, but I'm not a
> > packager
> > for those components.
>
> I fear that too. It would be nice thought that it'd be at least included in
> sid, so that we could backport it to stretch.

I guess you mean experimental. That will happen for sure when sid is open
again for changes after the release; using sid now means some more
complications in case a fix needs to go directly into testing and then stable.

> As well as okular, kde-baseapps-bin (providing kdialog) would need an
> upgrade to 16.12 to take advantage of kf5.

That would be more complicated: kde-baseapps does not exist anymore, it has
been split into its components (konqueror, kfind, keditbookmarks, kdialog).

--
Luigi