Re: Status bar corrupted in kate/kwrite

Hi Hector,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't think this is related to the compositor. I played around with
the compositor settings shown in your screenshot (I'm familiar with
those), but it didn't make any difference. I've seen many rendering
artifacts caused by bugs in the graphics stack over many years of
using Linux, but this doesn't seem to be one of them. Kate/Kwrite are
the only applications where I see this kind of corruption (Kile, for
example, doesn't have this problem, but maybe it's because the
spellchecker opens its own dialog window instead of showing one
embedded at the bottom of the window like Kate and Kwrite do). My
computer is an old Vaio laptop with an AMD Radeon HD 4000 series
graphics card, using the free Radeon driver.

At least in my system, most of the time the problem happens when I try
to run the spellchecker for the second time. The first time I run the
spellchecker, it works fine. If I close it and then try to run it
again, I get the corrupted status bar. If I disable the status bar
(Settings -> Show Statusbar) the corruption goes away (since there's
no status bar shown anymore), but then the spellchecker bar doesn't
show either in the second time. The end result of this is that I can
only run the spellchecker once.

Adriano