Re: Monitoring Baloo activity

Le 20/01/2016 11:09, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2016, 15:29:02 CET schrieb newbeewan@nativobject.net:
Hi,

I have activated file indexation in plasma 5.

At each session launch, baloo_file_extractor eat lots cpu and memory and
after hours, I kill it to get some memory back (around of 1,5Gb !)...

I don't know why it is eating so much resources and when it should have
finish scanning files... And if it is completly stuck to disabled it...

Is it possible to monitor the activity of baloo ?
You could try watching the output of

balooctl status

Other than that you could attach a strace -e file or strace -e open to the
baloo_file process while it is running. Maybe this way you can find out
whether it has issue with a certain file or directory.

You could also use balooctl config (hmmm, might be new) or systemsettings to
exclude some more folders from it.

Thanks
Thanks, it works...

After 2 days of running heavly, it is now quiet and no more eating cpu as a crazy process...

$ balooctl status
Baloo File Indexer is running
Indexer state: Idle
Indexed 554565 / 554565 files