Re: Possible akonadi problem?

Hi Martin,

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
I see that message here as well sometimes. Mostly after some spikes in Akonadi
/ MySQL activity (although MySQL is mostly gone from CPU after recent perf
work in Akonadi server, see below).

Then for me then KMail doesn´t respond anymore to any requests. I.e. the GUI
still works, but mails are not displayed anymore, just the blue waiting
display, folder switching works, but deleting mails or moving to different
folder just does not make the actual actiion happen in the GUI. But at the
same time then I do not see any load on Akonadi as well anymore. Sometimes the
first moves or deletes still work, after a delay of 10 or 30 seconds, and its
stops acting on my requests after that. I find this really difficult to describe
conscively as various symptoms show up.

KMail seems to wait for Akonadi, yet Akonadi seems idle. I have reported this
first as:

[snip...]

It happens several times meanwhile.

I am currently using Akonadi server Git
c733429f4fa9696fb027ddc946e54f6bbb68deaf with Millian´s and Dan´s massive
performance improvements regarding MySQL (which actually do make a difference),
but rest is 4.14.2.

I see this message as well then.

I didn´t follow up on the suggestions in that thread how to diagnose it due to
other stuffs quite important as well. But Ingo Klöcker found this behavior as
well.

But hmm, there is one difference: KMail looses the connection, for me its
usually enough to restart KMail – with making sure kmail process really is
gone in between –, maybe restarting Akonadi doesn´t even work.

So maybe the problem of Brad is a different one.

For me with my massive mail setup (about one million mails in a huge local
maildir, filled via POP3, and an 30 day limited IMAP account with about
30000-40000 mails, both some more small POP3 accounts).

Brad, what is the exact behavior you see?

I see pretty much the same behavior. I can restart akonadi, though, honestly, sometimes, I have to restart it a couple of times. I have taken to keeping it running in a screen session, so that I can restart it as needed.

--b