Re: Possible akonadi problem?

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for your response. I will try my best to answer your questions. First of all, the laptop in question is running Debian/sid with KDE 4.14.2. Further answers are inline.

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 5:30 PM, Sandro Knauß <bugs@sandroknauss.de> wrote:
Hi,

> Can anyone suggest a fix or workaround other than starting akonadi every 5
> - 10 minutes?

First we need to know what the problem is. For me kmail, kontact is working
for years without any issue. What we need to know is:

Actually, it seemed to work well for me until a couple of months ago -- at least as far back as 2014-10-21, which is as far back as my command line history goes.

* what versions have you installed

The akonadi-server, libakonadiprotocolinternals1 and backends are 1.13.0-2. Most of the other tools, such as libakonadi-*, kmail, kontact, and libkontactinterface4a  are at 4:4.14.2-2.

* have you upgraded in the last months

It appears that the libakonadi libraries were upgraded from 4:4.14.2-1 to 4:4.14.2-2 on 2014-12-01. And prior to that, it looks like the libakonadi libraries were upgraded from 4:4.14.1-1 to 4:4.14.2-1 on 2014-10-22. akonadiconsole  was upgraded from4:4.14.1-1 to 4:4.14.2-1  on 2014-11-16.

The backends appear to have been upgraded from 1.12.1-1 to 1-13.0-2 on 2014-09-30.

* what resources do you use

Not sure how to answer this one. My main concern is getting mail from the imap server. I have a number of filters set up to move mail to different folders.

* do you restart akonadi via "ackonadictl restart"?

Yes.

 -> if yes you can look for errors and/or the last lines of output

I have no idea what lines would be useful, but I just restarted, and got lines similar to http://pastebin.com/Caxy2cpJ

The one error that I have seen on more than one occasion would be

request for item 271396 "2040490" failed: "Unable to retrieve item from resource: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."

* futher we can dig deeper with akonadiconsole
-> debugger window (enable debugger)
-> job tacker (enable jobtracker)

Tell me how you would like me to proceed with these. I have no knowledge of how the backends work, so please let me know what to look for.

Thanks,
--b

Regards,

sandro