Re: Safe to upgrade?

Am Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2015, 17:56:33 CET schrieb Marc Haber:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 06:56:45PM +0000, Chris Knadle wrote:
> > Marc Haber:
> > >

> > > I still regularly experience plasmashell taking 100 % CPU and needing
> > > a kill + restart. This especially happens over night when the machine
> > > is idling away in the lock screen.
> >

> > Hmmm!  I normally put my computer to sleep or hibernate for the night, so
> > haven't seen this -- ick.  I wouldn't like to find that.
>
> Actually, the current behavior is a 100 % improvement over August's
> state of KDE plasma 5 when it was still a complete crash, needing a
> remote login+ kill X to get the machine back after it was left idling
> over night.
>
> I have not dared to suspend the machine since the KDE Plasma 5 update
> since if the current system doesn't even survive a night of idling,
> how could it possibly survive a suspend+resume cycle?

martin@merkaba:~> uptime
 23:34:54 up 4 days, 11:08,  0 users,  load average: 1,22, 1,61, 1,58

with several suspend and several hibernation cycles in between, cause I never
it it running through the night. No issue.

Just works. Even with two Plasma sessions. One private one and one for work.

Just sometimes I have it that Plasma session is not locked properly, and then
doesn´t respond to mouse clicks at all. I did not wait for more than a few
minutes so far for it to respond again and just "killall -u" it. But it
happens quite rarely.

Debian Sid, with self-compiled KF5 and KDEPIM, but Plasma from Debian
packages.

Thanks,
--
Martin