Re: Safe to upgrade?

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 06:56:45PM +0000, Chris Knadle wrote:
> Marc Haber:
> > On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 05:31:43PM +0000, Chris Knadle wrote:
> >> However just within the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of work on
> >> the KDE5 packages and Plasma 5 is now usable.
> >
> > I still regularly experience plasmashell taking 100 % CPU and needing
> > a kill + restart. This especially happens over night when the machine
> > is idling away in the lock screen.
>
> Hmmm!  I normally put my computer to sleep or hibernate for the night, so I
> haven't seen this -- ick.  I wouldn't like to find that.

Actually, the current behavior is a 100 % improvement over August's
state of KDE plasma 5 when it was still a complete crash, needing a
remote login+ kill X to get the machine back after it was left idling
over night.

I have not dared to suspend the machine since the KDE Plasma 5 update
since if the current system doesn't even survive a night of idling,
how could it possibly survive a suspend+resume cycle?

> > I didn't report it yet since I use a locally compiled
> > plasma-widget-addons with the quick launch widget backported from
> > plasma 5.5.
> >
> > And the volume occasionally jumps up to 100 %, especially when one
> > clicks on "leave" or does things in System Settings. My neighbors
> > really love that.
>
> I have this "volume jumps to 100%" issue, but in my case it's a self-made
> thing -- in my ~/.bashrc I have this:
>
>    # Restore local ALSA mixer settings
>    /usr/sbin/alsactl --file ~/.config/asound.state restore

Not in my case.

Greetings
Marc