Re: Plasma desktop unusable in stretch

On Thu, 03 Sep 2015 10:12:52 +0200
Christian Hilberg <hilberg@kernelconcepts.de> wrote:

Hello Christian,

>I guess it might have been wiser to let the transitions happen in
>unstable, since the massive breakage you mention was to be expected,
>and have the smaller issues and oversights ironed out in testing.
>This scheme worked out quite well in the past.

Testing acquires packages from unstable when certain criteria are met.
It's all automatic, except for when a freeze occurs.  That is to say,
nobody oversees it.  You appear to expect somebody (well, several
somebodies) to stem the tide to avoid problems.  Question is;  How do
they know what's going to cause problems?  Answer;  They don't/can't
until the problem(s) actually arise.  By then it's too late to avoid
them.

What you'd like to happen is never going to happen.  So it comes down to
three choices;

1) deal with it yourself
2) use stable
3) use another distro

With snapshot.debian.org 1 is easy to do, 2 may require an install and
3 _will_ require an install.

1 is probably the easiest.

--
 Regards  _