Plasma desktop unusable in stretch

Yesterday I rebooted my computer but when it came back up and I logged in, Plasma was no longer usable. Specifically the window borders were gone, including the top bar. Since the top bar contains the close window button, if a window didn't provide a menu bar, I'd have to bring up the system monitor to kill it (ironically that includes system monitor).

To make matters worse, I couldn't change the focus to other windows. For example, I can't type anything in iceweasel, whether in a web form or in the address or search bars. I can click on it which raises it to the top, but the keyboard input continues to go to the previous window.

I'm once again back to gnome-flashback because KDE is broken.

I thought testing was supposed to be where packages were mainly working and the sid and experimental where were packages were tested to make sure they actually worked. If KDE5 is this shaky, why aren't we waiting for it to become at least somewhat usable before putting it out for testing?