Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Hi Jimmy,

Am Dienstag 12 Mai 2015, 07:53:12 schrieb Jimmy Johnson:
> [...]
> Christian this is what I get after running the upgrade:
> jimmy# upgrade-system
> 1) Updating package lists:
> I: Package lists updated.
> 2) Checking for upgradable packages:
> I: Installing upgradable packages...
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... The following packages were
> automatically installed and are no longer required:
> [...]
> plasma-scriptengine-ruby ruby-kde4 ruby-plasma ruby-qt4
>    ruby-qt4-webkit
> Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
> Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>    libmarblewidget19* libnepomuk4* libnepomukquery4a*
> libnepomukutils4* The following NEW packages will be
> installed:
>    baloo-utils baloo4 libakonadi-socialutils4 libatasmart-bin
> [...]
> 191 upgraded, 12 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not
> upgraded. Need to get 249 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 14.4 MB of additional disk space will be
> used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>
> I was a little concerned with ruby being removed so I did not
> complete the upgrade.

Check the output of APT closely, it reveals what will actually
happen:

There's "The following packages will be REMOVED" section, which
lists packages which will indeed be removed if you choose to
continue the upgrade.

Then, there's "The following packages were automatically
installed and are no longer required", which lists packages to
which, after the upgrade, no dependencies could be found. Under
this category, some Ruby packages are listed. They will not be
automatically removed. APT tells you how to get rid of them, if
you choose to. Moreover, it is not Ruby itself, but some KDE
packages with ruby stuff. These are no longer needed after the
upgrade, either since the newer KDE does not make use of Ruby any
more, or since there's some optional support for some stuff in
KDE which needs Ruby, but which the package creator did not
switch on.

HTH,

	Christian

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-11
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48