Re: Newer KDEPIM for Jessie

Am Donnerstag, 26. März 2015, 14:49:35 schrieb Rainer Dorsch:
> Hi Martin,

Hi Rainer,

> thanks for sharing your positive experience. I agree, getting these kind
> of KDEPIM fixes through backports would be a great enhancement for
> Jessie KDE users.
>
> Do you compile to /opt or do you build proper Debian packages of the
> upstream akonadi and kdepim?

I use default /usr/local location and do as little customization of the
build process as possible. Then I tell my KDE sessions to use /usr/local
stuff as well like this:

martin@merkaba:~> cat .kde/env/kdedirs.sh
#!/bin/bash
if [ -z $KDEDIRS ]; then
        export KDEDIRS="/usr/local/"
else
        export KDEDIRS="/usr/local/:$KDEDIRS"
fi

if [ -z $QT_PLUGIN_PATH ]; then
        export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/local/lib/kde4"
else
        export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/local/lib/kde4:$QT_PLUGIN_PATH"
fi

> Though having the backports path after the Jessie release open for
> additional fixes (or security updates?) would mean that no newer
> packages can go into sid.
>

> If somebody would spend the work to provide patches for Jessie, would
> there be a way to continuously update the packages in the Debian
> infrastructure? Or would that only work with an external repo?

I have no idea.

I use sid, so for me personally it isn´t a concern.

Ciao,