Problems with balooo

I'm having issues with baloo taking a very long time to scan my files.
Admittedly I have a large $HOME, and a crap load of email, but it seems to go
pretty quickly for most files, but gets stuck on /some/ files, and will even
decide to reverse direction (looking at balooctl status). I have actually seen
it back up by tens of files.

At the moment it says:
Baloo File Indexer is running
Indexed 274533 / 274538 files
Failed to index 0 files

But it was at 274535 last night, and about 40 minutes ago, it was at 274528 or
less. I'm wondering how that is even possible. Why would it back up and try to
index files it's already successfully indexed?

I do see a lot of this:

baloo_file(11335): Could not obtain lock for Xapian Database. This is bad
baloo_file(11335):
Process took too long killing
Indexing failed. Trying to determine offending file
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
Process took too long killing
Indexing failed. Trying to determine offending file
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.

I'm assuming it's taking too long to scan a big file, and getting killed
because of it. If that is what is happening, why is it scanning large files to
begin with? Especially since most large files I have are binary (video,
pictures, vm disk images, archives, etc).

I'm hoping it finishes, and I can get one of my cpu cores back, but it's been
at it for several days. Prior to looking up the problem, and doing a `balooctl
disable` and `balooctl enable` it was running for a week or two, just pegging
one of my cpu cores.

I have KDE 4.14.2 installed currently.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom