Automatic filtering in kmail

Hi,

I recently upgraded from wheezy to jessie on a 64-bit system and as far
as I can tell the data migration within kmail went quite smoothly.
However, for some reasons my newly set up filters are not applied to
incoming mail automatically. This leads to some discomfort in my user
experience.

To be a bit more concrete, kmail is set up to fetch new mail from the
local mail folder. I have several filters that should move my mail from
there to different folders. These filters are configured to be applied to
incoming mail automatically, but they don't do that. If I apply the list
of filters manually, they work as intended.

I discovered that there is a filter log. I'd expect that it shows
documents some filter action going on when new mail arrives, but it stays
empty. Also, in the mean time I noticed that the progress bar in the
lower left corner of kmail indicates 'Mail Filter Agent 0%'. This could
be related to my problem.

I'd be happy about any suggestion what I could do to overcome this
problem. Maybe I should delete some configuration files, but then I don't
know which files are relevant and I don't want to lose the entire
configuration if possible...

Regards,
Stanley