Re: KDE 4.12.2

On Friday 07 March 2014 08:24:54 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > It would be really nice to get all the bug fixes that 4.12 is supposed to
> > > have for kmail as the 4.11 one is driving me round the bend.
> >
> > What's stopping you from getting the packages from experimental?
>
> If its anything like my reasoning... I place a fairly high level of trust
> in  the debian-kde team's decision making in when to push things up to sid.

I agree.

So if your 4.11 system is running as you like it, it makes total sense to wait
for the debian-kde team to push it to sid.
But from David's description, that's not exactly the case for him. In that
case it may be worth the 'risk' to upgrade to 4.12 before it hits sid,
especially if 4.12 fixes bugs which he is experiencing himself.

Having said that, I just upgraded my fine working 4.11 system to 4.12 with
"aptitude full-upgrade '?narrow(~i,~V4.11)' -t experimental"

(LOL)
--
GPG: 0x138E41915C7EFED6