Re: Automatic filtering in kmail

On Tuesday 11 March 2014 01:56:57 Stanley Schade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from wheezy to jessie on a 64-bit system and as far
> as I can tell the data migration within kmail went quite smoothly.
> However, for some reasons my newly set up filters are not applied to
> incoming mail automatically. This leads to some discomfort in my user
> experience.
>
> To be a bit more concrete, kmail is set up to fetch new mail from the
> local mail folder. I have several filters that should move my mail from
> there to different folders. These filters are configured to be applied to
> incoming mail automatically, but they don't do that. If I apply the list
> of filters manually, they work as intended.
>
> I discovered that there is a filter log. I'd expect that it shows
> documents some filter action going on when new mail arrives, but it stays
> empty. Also, in the mean time I noticed that the progress bar in the
> lower left corner of kmail indicates 'Mail Filter Agent 0%'. This could
> be related to my problem.
>
> I'd be happy about any suggestion what I could do to overcome this
> problem.

I've had similar problems with kmail2 on sid at the start of session (KMail
usually starts with my session). In these cases, exiting kmail and bringing
akonadi down usually left the mail filter agent running -- apparently stuck.
This seems to match your experience. I would kill it, start akonadi and kmail
again, and then everything worked. But this problem went away a few weeks ago.

Hope this helps,
	Shai.