Re: Is it worth splitting oxygencursors package?

> if you can find a way to do it that preserves user settings, including
> alternative choices and current settings, then I'm fine with doing it.
>
> It is not a complicated nor a impossible thing to do, you just need to
> ensure to keep your eyes straight while implementing it. I've so far
> been too lazy to do it.

When you say "preserves user settings and alternative choices", what do
you mean by that? is that modifications in /etc/alternatives? or it some
settings in in KDE? (I need to know what the settings are before I can
avoid breaking them).

My first hunch to minimize changes might be to split the package into:

oxygencursors
oxygencursors-extras

And then set Recommends oxygencursors-extras on either oxygencursors or
kde-workspace. I think that would means in the default case the set of
installed files should be the same as with the current package.

Diane