Re: Is it worth splitting oxygencursors package?

On 2013-01-10, Diane Trout <diane@ghic.org> wrote:
> When you say "preserves user settings and alternative choices", what do
> you mean by that? is that modifications in /etc/alternatives? or it some
> settings in in KDE? (I need to know what the settings are before I can
> avoid breaking them).

both the alternatives set with update-alternatives (and stored
somewhere) and the settings set in SystemSettings.

> My first hunch to minimize changes might be to split the package into:
>
> oxygencursors
> oxygencursors-extras

My first hunch would be to create two new packages, oxygencursors-white
and oxygencursor-extras, make oxygencursors depend on that and adjust
the relations in kde-workspace-related packages and then figure out how
to get the update-alternatives commands moved over correctly.

/Sune