Re: KDEPIM & Cal-/Card-DAV

Am Montag, 26. November 2012, 16:11:21 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Monday, 2012-11-26, David Smith wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM, chymian <chymian@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > at the moment I'm tied to icedove/thunderbird which is another sad
> > > story.
> > >
> > > tia
> > > günter
> >
> > Yes,  I agree the state of KMAIL in Wheezy is really bad.. It's *VERY*
> > easy to make it crash 10-15 times an hour with normal operation of the
> > program.  I've also resorted to just removing it and running ice dove
> > which is easily 1000x better in features and never crashes.
>
> Is this a different version than the one in Unstable?
> Because the one in Unstable does not show that kind of behavior.
>
> Here it is one the few applications that run at all times (I start it one
> of the first things when logging in and never quit it until I log out) and
> this laptop often sees uptimes of 60 days and more.
>
> I do run it as a component within Kontact, but I would be surprised if this
> is the important difference.

Same for me. KMail runs rock stable here, too (unstable, libkdepim4
4:4.4.11.1+l10n-3+b1, running inside Kontact).
But some of the features of newer KDEPIM (e.g. GroupDAV support) would indeed
be very nice. As far as I know the Debian KDE team lacks manpower and
therefore newer packages will takes some time.