Re: Questions about building KDE from SVN

Hello,

On sekmadienis 21 Kovas 2010 11:10:14 Valerio Passini wrote:
> Alle sabato 20 marzo 2010, hai scritto:
> > It all depends which "svn" he wants you to build: branches/KDE/4.4/
> > or  trunk/KDE/.
>
> He asked me to build trunk SVN. :(.
>
> Sebastian Trueg wrote: "would you be willing to try svn trunk? And I
> mean only the kdebase/runtime/nepomuk part of it..."

Well, in order to build that "part", you will need:

kdelibs >= 4.4.59
shared-desktop-ontologies >= 0.3.60
soprano >= 2.3.70

All these are development versions. One of the worst things about KDE is that
despite being PITA by itself, it typically needs the latest devel versions of
non-KDE packages.

> > Just install newer KDE to different prefix. Also
> > consider using kdesvn- build. However, it might be a bit tough to
> > start&test that new KDE.
>
> I have read little about kdesvn-build. Do you think it's more suitable
> to my needs than Alexandro Rojo's script?
>
> > Btw, I have plans to update packages up to kdebase from
> > branches/KDE/4.4 today  since they fix some nasty bugs I'm
> > interested in. What is more, KDE SC 4.4.2 is going to be tagged in
> > six days. qt-kde.debian.net users will probably get it shortly after
> > tagging since it is not an official archive.
>
> So do you think it's worth for me to wait just a little, because the
> fixes Sebastian is asking me to test will be present in the next
> releases? That will be just wonderful.
> Thank you so much. Ciao

"Next releases" == 4.5.x ? It is a rather long wait and not a target for
squeeze. Well, at this point it all depends solely on your willingness to mess
with devel versions.

Personally, I don't much experience building from svn directly. I always build
packages.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>