Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

Hello,

On šeštadienis 06 Kovas 2010 11:15:06 Dominik Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your packaging efforts.
>
> Some things that are still not working properly:
> kdm does still not start. Still no valid theme set in the kdmrc. Meanwhile
> I've just commented the "Theme =" line.

I don't understand what could be wrong. Could somebody who still can't get kdm
starting in 4:4.4.1-0rc2, provide the following:

* Contents of /etc/kde4/kdm/kdmrc
* kdm_init_output generated with
  # sh -x -e /etc/init.d/kdm start > kdm_init_output 2>&1
* Output of
  $ ls -l /var/run/kdm/

> The weather applets are not working. The weather applet from KDE 4.3 stoped
> working some time ago and I thought it would be fixed by KDE 4.4. The sites
> "wetter.com" and "BBC weather" don't produce any network traffic when
> searching for cities, so I assume that something is wrong with them. The
> other two don't produce any results for my area but I assume they work for
> americans sind they create some network traffic and report a "not found"
> dialog.

They seem work here.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>