Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 11:52:00 schrieb Modestas Vainius:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for feedback. Recently fixed:
>
> 1) "kdm does not start" bug. Fixed in kdm 4:4.4.1-0rc2. Please upgrade the
> whole kdebase-workspace.
> 2) pkg-kde-archive-keyring v2 is properly indexed and installable now.
> 3) You no longer need to use exp-snapshots in place of
> experimental-snapshots. I suggest switching /etc/apt/sources.list back to
> experimental-snapshots. 4) I don't know why some of you need to use
> aptitude -t exp-snapshots rather than aptitude -t experimental-snapshots.
> Both seem to work.
> 4) kde-l10n 4:4.4.1-0rc1 is in as well. kdesdk will follow later today.

Hi,
thanks for your packaging efforts.

Some things that are still not working properly:
kdm does still not start. Still no valid theme set in the kdmrc. Meanwhile
I've just commented the "Theme =" line.

The weather applets are not working. The weather applet from KDE 4.3 stoped
working some time ago and I thought it would be fixed by KDE 4.4. The sites
"wetter.com" and "BBC weather" don't produce any network traffic when searching
for cities, so I assume that something is wrong with them. The other two don't
produce any results for my area but I assume they work for americans sind they
create some network traffic and report a "not found" dialog.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Dominik