Re: Squeeze KDE unusable: no taskbar or decorations, missing shortcut key

On 14 June 2010 01:48, John Varouhakis <johnvarouhakis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had the same problem on my testing/unstable installation and I solved
> it when I realised that kdelibs5 had not been updated (in my case it was held
> back by kdelibs5-dbg, so upgrading these two simultaneously from unstable,
> solved my problem).

Hmm, I have indeed solved it by running "aptitude update && aptitude
safe-upgrade" which brought in a slew of libkde* stuff and more. I
attempted this while debugging previously, but I guess the mirror
syncs were far apart enough for me to get caught in between.

All in all, another problem that patience would have solved. ;)

Thanks John, and thanks also Jedd and Tao for your input!

Martin