Re: impossible upgrade KE3 to KDE4

Hi Manolete,

First. Are you sure you want to install ALL KDE4, with all the games, the educational programs, etc, etc? If not you can try the package "kde4-minimal" and later install the programs you want individually.

For my kde4-minimal is enough

Second. I would try the fast and easy way instead of wasting time

OK, I try to explain me again.

I want to install Debian with KDE 4.2 in my PC ( it is a old pc that I use for testing). Currently I have 2 Debian Sid installeds, 1º in a Laptop (with KDE4.1.3 I need to upgrade it), and another one in a VMWare with KDE4.2

It's not my first time, but I don't know what is happen.

Normally, I install a basic Debian with KDE 3.5 form a CDInstall of etch.

Then I modifed the apt/sourece.list to make a dist-updgrade to sid, because this is the branch of Debian where I don't have problems, and I like to use the last verions of the software.

After making the dist-upgrade, currently I can see severl warning about /etc/modprobe.d/ blacklist.XXX  has not config file, .. etc etc ...

Are there something broken in the branch?

After that I enable the experimental branch and in a console try to make

aptitude install -t experimental kde4-minimal

aptitude shows me a lot of broken dependence that I can't to resolve

I try to with a CD install Debian from experimental branch. I download this CD yesterday, so it is in the last version. This CD has got KDE3.5, when I try to upgrade to KDE4 I have the same broken dependence.

I don't know it the sid and experimental are update the KDE4 package and it is normal.

GUAN