Re: impossible upgrade KE3 to KDE4

Hola.

First. Are you sure you want to install ALL KDE4, with all the games, the educational programs, etc, etc? If not you can try the package "kde4-minimal" and later install the programs you want individually.

Second. I would try the fast and easy way instead of wasting time and mental health investigating all those problems you mention.
I would do a basic install of the testing branch from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer; you don't have even to waste a CD, there are lots of webpages with easy instructions to install from an USB memory, like this one: http://www.esdebian.org/foro/26476/howto-instalar-debian-usb. Once installed the system I'd just install Xorg, my graphic card's drivers and then add unstable and experimental repos to my sources.list and install the desktop.
If you don't want to be on an hybrid Testing/Unstable/Experimental system you can update to Sid, clear, but I'd try this easy way first and verify everything works fine before.

For KDE4 updates from experimental remember to follow the instructions here http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/experimental.html

Saludos.