Re: Info about KDE versions in unstable, testing...

Hello,
thank for the reply.

I probably didn't express myself correctly. I wasn't inquiring about  the actual
versions nor about what's preventing new from getting to Debian at the moment,
but I suggest putting this info on the web. Yes, we can ask here or on IRC, but
there's probably a lot of people who don't use IRC nor write to this mailing
list - who would like to know too. Moreover personally I'm eager to get 4.2.3 to
unstable because of some fixes - but I really don't want to bother others on IRC
or here every day inquiring about what's holding 4.2.3 from unstable, so it
would be great if this updated info was on the web.

I agree about the point of 4.2.4 - but if this was already settled on, why don't
we write it somewhere everybody can read it?

I imagine it like this.
There will be a message - in the FAQ section for example or on the main page on
http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/ in which something like this will be:
"We are currently working on getting XYZ version to get into unstable. It's
almost ready, we are just waiting for package ABC to be packaged and bug DEF to
be solved. It will probably happen tomorrow in the evening, so you can look
forward to having KDE version XYZ in unstable the day after tomorrow or the day
after that.
The current version BLAH in unstable is waiting for bugs 1,2,3,4 and 5 to be
solved. One of them is solved in experimental and more two are solved upstream,
so we need just to get these fixes to unstable first. After this will happen,
version BLAH will migrate to testing."