Re: Info about KDE versions in unstable, testing...

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 01:37:32PM +0200, Tadeas Moravec wrote:

> I imagine it like this.
> There will be a message - in the FAQ section for example or on the main page on
> http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/ in which something like this will be:
> "We are currently working on getting XYZ version to get into unstable. It's
> almost ready, we are just waiting for package ABC to be packaged and bug DEF to
> be solved. It will probably happen tomorrow in the evening, so you can look
> forward to having KDE version XYZ in unstable the day after tomorrow or the day
> after that.
> The current version BLAH in unstable is waiting for bugs 1,2,3,4 and 5 to be
> solved. One of them is solved in experimental and more two are solved upstream,
> so we need just to get these fixes to unstable first. After this will happen,
> version BLAH will migrate to testing."

That would be possible if we usually have a clear plan of how (and when) are
going to be things done, but that is almost never that way. Some stuff does
not depend on us and even about of the stuff that depends on our work can not
be scheduled. You can plan doing foo in some evening but then you get
something better to do. You do not have this not even in companies were you
pay....

And no, we are not going to twitter or something like that, if you are so
interested in the development, you will have to follow the development as it
happens (mailing lists, IRC, commit messages), the developers are not going
to follow you.

Ana