Re: Upgrading to KDE4 and Cherry Cymotion Linux keyboard

Alle Monday 13 April 2009, Charles de Miramon ha scritto:
> Valerio Passini wrote:
>

> > IMHO this is not KDE's fault, but X: probably you will notice that in
> > terminal the console is working properly. In the last X version keyboard
> > and mouse are managed differently (by evdev driver) and If this is your
> > problem, you should remove every line related to mouse and keyboard from
> > /etc/X11/xorg.conf and after configure console through: dpkg-reconfigure
> > console-data. If you really need a different setup (evdev is not able to
> > catch all the possible multimedia keys) you should tweak your xorg.conf to
> > let X use the old drive. Bye
> >
> > Valerio
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I have suppressed in xorg.conf the lines concerning the keyboard and it
> still does not work.
>
> In .xsessions-errors, I have this line :
> kxkb(3458) XKBExtension::setLayoutGroups: executing "/usr/bin/setxkbmap -
> model evdev -layout fr -variant -option -option compose:lwin"
>
> which has a wrong syntax, it should be :
> kxkb(3458) XKBExtension::setLayoutGroups: executing "/usr/bin/setxkbmap -
> model evdev -layout fr -option compose:lwin"
>
> Cheers,
> Charles
> --
> http://www.kde-france.org

Can you start from a brand new xorg.conf file? Just dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg, it will produce a very essential xorg.conf. If you have nvidia or ATI card you can add the appropriate stanzas by copying/pasting from your old conf. Here it's mine (as an example):

# If you have edited this file but would like it to be automatically updated
# again, run the following command:
# sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg

Section "Device"
Identifier "nVidia Corporation GeForce 8600M GS"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "0"
Option "AddARGBVisuals" "True"
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
Option "Coolbits" "False"
Option "BackingStore" "True"
Option "OnDemandVBlankInterrupts" "True"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Configured Monitor"
EndSection