Re: Pin to keep kde3.5.9?

Dnia poniedziałek, 13 kwietnia 2009, Jan De Luyck napisał:

[...]
> Sorry, Lenny is a bit too old for my tastes. Same with Squeeze.
>
> I've been tracking Sid since.. err.. Debian 2.0 or something,
> I'm used to fixing breakages all over the place when and if they
> occur. I'm just not confortable atm with KDE4... or more specific:
> - the lack of configuration options available directly through the
> GUI (I'm not _that_ fond of editing kde's config files, the rest of
> the system I actually prefer going the cli route)
> - the fact that the new panel system doesn't really work well when
> put vertically
> - missing network stuff (knemo, where areth thou?), and several small
> things.

KNemo (great app) which I am using extensively on my KDE 3.5 desktop was
already ported to KDE4 and you can grab it here:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KNemo?content=12956

But I agree with you, KDE 3.5 is still good desktop to use. I have put
all KDE 3.5 related packages on hold in my sid waiting for KDE4-ported
K3b and full-featured Amarok.

Until then KDE 3.5 is the answer. It is not that KDE4 is bad, it is just
much more efficent to upgrade when everything will be ported and
working.

--
Jakub Krajewski, kraju
~~~~~ 814821595s ~~~~~ http://last.fm/user/kraju