Re: KDE4.2 and keyboard shortcuts

On Thursday 19 February 2009 18:13:57 Valerio Passini wrote:

> I appreciate your suggestion and now I want to stress some points.
> First I installed KDE4.2 as soon as it as been available by the end of
> January and in the beginning the shortcuts worked. Suddenly in the past
> week the shortcuts stopped working and nothing was possible to restore
> them. This is strange because there is nothing new in the Debian KDE4.2
> packages since its release. Am I wrong?

I also installed the release candidate early in the mid/end of January,
meaning i upgraded from 4.1 to the pre release. But my global shortcuts,
assigned to an multimedia key, stopped working immediately.
The mysterious thing for me, is that my amarok 1.4.10 uses the multimedia keys
very well, when assigned as global shortcut.
IIRC, kde4 switched from using dcop to dbus. I would expect, that amarok
1.4.10 uses only dcop. So when the global amarok 1.4.10 shortcuts are still
working in 4.2, there must be a compatibility layer or something. Maybe that
this compatibility layer is incompatible with 4.2s dbus? ;-)

Cheers Andreas