Re: Is there a KDE equivalent of xconsole?

Markus Raab wrote:

> Frans Pop wrote:
>
>> However, I'm not looking for a terminal emulator, but for something that
>> will display console messages, just like xconsole does.
>
> I am afraid that there is nothing (at least in debian). Maybe karamba to
> display it on desktop.

Actually, by coincidence I was playing with Etch kdm earlier today and
noticed in one of the READMEs in /usr/share/doc/kdm that there's a
command-line switch that makes kdm offer some kind of xconsole window  -
this feature having been added by request of SuSE if I remember rightly.

I'm on, uh, a different OS at the moment so I can't give any better detail.

Cheers,
Nick Boyce