Significant slow down/delays in kicker in 3.5.6?

Been apt-get upgrading to kde 3.5.6 and I've noticed a signification slow down
in response time to things in the kicker.

Normally I would think this is the system I'm running (my laptop) but today I
upgraded my desktop and the same poor response times is occuring there.

It can take a sec or to for a hidden window to appear after clicking on it in
the kicker taskbar.  Load is almost nohting, disk io is almost nothing. It's
a dual core AMD64 box with nvidia card.

model name      : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+
Model:           GeForce Go 7800 GTX

The command line is still very snappy, just kde/gui is acting poorly.
Unforunately, since I cron-apt upgrades on my laptop I cannot narrow down the
packages that might have caused the problem.

I'm just probing around seeing if anyone else has kicker/gui/window response
time issues?

Thanks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>          | Phone : (952)943-8700