Re: Is there a KDE equivalent of xconsole?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 10:44:22PM +0000, Nick Boyce wrote:

> Actually, by coincidence I was playing with Etch kdm earlier today and
> noticed in one of the READMEs in /usr/share/doc/kdm that there's a
> command-line switch that makes kdm offer some kind of xconsole window  -
> this feature having been added by request of SuSE if I remember rightly.

It's not a command-line switch; /etc/kde3/kdm/Xsetup contains a
commented-out xconsole line:

#xconsole -geometry 480x130-0-0 -notify -verbose -fn fixed -exitOnFail
-file /dev/xconsole &

You can uncomment this to include an xconsole in your kdm. I find it
useful for checking what Network Manager has logged about my network
status before attempting remote logins.

Dave
--
Dave Page <grimoire@cultofperf.org.uk>