Re: kmail prefix folder

Xavier wrote:

> Freddie Cash wrote:

>>> Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> double click your account in
>>> list -> Prefix to folders.
>>
>>> This is taken from KMail 1.8.3 on KDE 3.5.0.  I don't have KMail 1.9.1.
>>
>> For KMail 1.9.1, the option has been renamed to "Namespaces" under the
>> Accounts section.  The Personal namespace is the one you have to edit.
>>

> Thanks for everybody's answers.
>
> If I create a new account with "Mail" as personal namespace, it works.
> But, if I modify an existant account, it doesn't.

It worked for me, when I changed from Courier to Dovecot and they used a
different default namespace

> Another question, if I ask kmail to look itself for the namespaces, it
> finds this :
> personal: <Empty>,#mh/,#mhinbox
> other users: ~
> shared: #ftp/,#news.,#public/,#shared/
>
> does someone know what it means ?

Sort of.  I'd really appreciate it if somebody could clarify it for me
though :-)

aiui, you can access regular folders without a prefix, and MH folders (can't
remember what creates them but they're not mbox, not maildir) as #mh/... or
#mhinbox...

Other users' folders would be ~USER...

I'm confused by the fact that some of the prefixes are terminated with a /
and some with a .
--
derek