Re: kmail prefix folder

On January 13, 2006 09:50 am, Xavier wrote:
> Freddie Cash wrote:

> > Which IMAP server are you connecting to?

> I don't know. It is a SunOS server and I have a ssh account on it.
> How can I know what is the IMAP server ?

> When I check for mails, I see an imapd.exe process with ps -u mylogin.

Not sure, as I've never used SunOS and don't know what software is
available for it.  Ask the system admin what IMAP server is installed.

> > If it's Dovecot or Courier, you
> > need to set the "Prefix to Folders" setting for that account to
> > "INBOX". If it's a Cyrus server, you need to set "altnamespace: yes"
> > in the imapd.conf file on the server, and leave "Prefix to Folders"
> > blank in KMail.

> But, the option "Prefix to Folders" doesn't exist anymore with the last
> version of kmail (Kmail 1.9.1 with kde 3.5), or I failed in finding it.

Settings -> Configure KMail -> Accounts -> double click your account in
list -> Prefix to folders.

This is taken from KMail 1.8.3 on KDE 3.5.0.  I don't have KMail 1.9.1.

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-1 CCNT CCLP      Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]