Re: kmail instance separately starting

On Wednesday 2006 August 16 12:37, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> Did you file a bug for this ?

I'm not entirely sure it's fair to call it a bug.  Kopete needs the address
book, the address book needs kmail.  Hence kopete starts kmail.  What else
could it do?

I believe that KDE4 is going to address this problem by separating the data
holding parts of the PIM applications into a separate server.  That way
kopete won't need to start kmail, it will just attach to the server in
exactly the same way kmail/kabc itself will.

Andy
--
Dr Andy Parkins, M Eng (hons), MIEE
andyparkins@gmail.com